Copyright is an important topic with regards to fonts. We allow font designers to upload and share their fonts on MaisFontes, and they certify that they are the copyright holders of the fonts they share.
We also check fonts periodically to ensure they are shareware, or under an open source license.
If you believe your copyright-protected work was posted on MaisFontes without authorization, you may submit a copyright infringement notification click here.
These requests should only be submitted by the copyright owner or an agent authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
The license type of a font determines how you may use it.
Personal Use typically refers to any use that is not meant to generate profit, such as:
- Graphic design for personal websites, blogs, etc;
- Flyers or invitations to friends and family;
- Churches, charities, or non-profit organizations;
- Making T-shirt for yourself or friends at no charge.
Commercial Use is for companies or individuals that may profit from the use of the font, such as the following cases:
- Flyer or poster for an event that charges admission;
- Printing a T-shirt that you will be selling;
- Text or graphics in a book;
- Graphic design work (logo, business card, website);
- And any other situations where you are getting paid.
In the majority of the licenses, the font designer or author still retains Copyright, which means that you are not allowed to sell the font itself or claim it as your own.
If you wanna to buy the license for Comercial Use, contact the author.. Normally, we describe the contact author on font page.